Sunday 9 February 2014

January Beauty Favourites

| | 6 comments

Good Riddance to January! Although January was a stressful and gloomy month, I did discover some new favourite products in my beauty collection. Here's what I've been loving recently..

1. V05 Smoothly Does It Tame and Shine Spray
There is nothing worse than the fluffy unruly state my hair gets into after blow-drying. Before straightening, I now give my hair a quick spray with this and run a brush through. It really does what it says on the tin and completely smooths out my hair leaving it tamed and shiny (but not at all greasy!). VO5 wins extra brownie points as this also doubles up as a heat defence spray.

2. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
One of my beauty resolutions this year is to be kinder to my skin and find a skincare routine that I'm happy with. For Christmas I received the much raved about Liz Earle cleanser. Taking off my make-up is no longer a chore but instead a mini pampering session. I love the clean feeling of my skin after using this and would say it is definitely worth the hype!

3. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Pink Punch
I've been wanting to try a balm from the Maybelline Baby Lips ever since the brightly-coloured fun packaging hit the shelves last year. The gorgeous yet subtle pink shade is an instant pick-me-up that brightens up my daily make-up. As someone who suffers from dry lips, especially in the winter months, this balm has been a god-send and I'm now tempted to pick up some other colours in the collection.

4. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream - Intensive Daily Moisturiser for Face
This holy-grail moisturiser has been on my high-end wish list for a while, so when I found out I had £10 worth of points on my Debenhams beauty card, it was the perfect excuse for a post-exams treat. I've been using the moisturiser everyday since and it has drastically improved the appearance of my skin. The texture is light and soft and ready for foundation. By far the best moisturiser I've tried and would thoroughly recommend to others with dry skin.

5. Soap and Glory Thick & Fast Super Volume Mascara 
I received this mascara as part of the Soap and Glory Yule Monty Gift set and have completely fallen in love. I've tried my fair share of high-street mascaras over the years, but never really noticed that much of a difference from each of them. My eye lashes have never looked better, adding length and volume without looking clumpy at all. Soap and Glory, I am impressed.

Have you tried any of these products? What was your favourite product of January?

6 comments:

  1. I really need that shine spray all the ones I have tried left my hair looking greasy but like u said this doesn't so I'm adding it to my list lol xxxx
    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely do! It doesn't look greasy at all :) Thanks for reading :) x

      Delete
  2. I have two of the Soap & Glory mascara's (one from the Yule Monty set & one from the Eyesbox). I haven't tried either of them yet as I have quite a backlog of mascara's to get through but I may just have to cheat and try this first :)

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww love Soap and Glory so much! I do hope you like it as much as me when you do get round to trying it :) x

      Delete
  3. Liz Earle is my holy grail, I have used it for about 7 years now and love it! I'm always so happy for people who start using it! That shade of Baby Lips was in my favourites too, it's such a nice colour and a handy little product.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally understand the hype, I'm really enjoying using it at the moment, think I'll stick by it for good. It's great isn't it!? Definitely the best colour in the collection I think. Thanks for your comment :) x

      Delete

SOCIAL MEDIA